- Supply voltage 24V
- Power rating 205W
- Cable length approx. 0.5m
- Embedded EPCOS Thermistor 100k (ErikZalm/Marlin Thermistor type 1)
- Size 205x205mm²
I mouted this to a 230x230x2mm³ aluminium plate
|230x230x2mm³ Aluminium Plate|
|Kapton Heater with EPCOS Thermistor|
|Some shrink tubing over the cables gives stability|
|Finally added Molex connectors and protective fabric hose|
I'm operating the board with my easy electronics at 24V from a Meanwell SP320-24. Current consumption is 9.6A which gives 230W which is 12% out of spec.
It heats up in less than 4 min. to 95°C mounted on a 2mm aluminium plate (230x230x2mm³) mounted on a wooden plate with a 1mm silicone interposer. Temperature reading in Marlin is 93.5°C.
It looks and feels like a high quality product. It is easy to applicate to a aluminium plate. Cables are a little bit short and very stiff. Thermistor gives accurate board temperatures when configured in Marlin as Type 1 thermistor.
What can be improved?
- Really flexible cables, may be four for the heater with smaller diameter
- Longer cables, at least 75cm better 1m
- Reduce the power a little bit to reduce the powersupply load. With 230W a 13A powersupply plus 2 Extruders is bejond its limits. 7.5A (180W) could be a good compromise.
That's all for now....